Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Selena Gomez plans to release Spanish album

Selena Gomez has revealed that it would be her "dream" to record an album in Spanish.
The Naturally singer's father Ricardo Gomez is Mexican American, and Selena wants to honor her Latina roots by releasing a record in the language.
"I have Shakira’s album and exactly what she did is my dream," explained Gomez, star of Wizards of Waverly Place and the forthcoming Monte Carlo move.
"I feel like for my family it would make them really proud. But because I have so many other things... I have to perfect it.
"I want my dad to come out and make sure I’m doing it right," added the star, who admits she doesn't like dates. "So I want to take time with it, but it’s my dream to put out an entire album in Spanish."
It won't be the first time Selena has sung in the language - she recorded a Spanish version of her single A Year Without Rain earlier this year (fans can hear it on the deluxe edition of the record).
Earlier this summer Gomez revealed she hopes to learn Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...